Lingual braces are braces that are fitted to the back of your teeth. They work in a similar way to conventional braces, gently moving your teeth into a new, more desirable position, but because they are attached to the back side of the teeth they are highly discreet and most people will not know you are having orthodontic treatment.
At The Park Dental Clinic we use Incognito Lingual Braces, which are suitable for patients of all ages and can treat a wide range of orthodontic conditions, including crossbite, crooked teeth and overbites (teeth that stick out). For simpler, quicker to fix aesthetic problems we also offer Incognito Lite braces, which focus on the front four teeth – those that are visible when you smile.
All Incognito lingual braces are custom-made for each patient using the latest computer technology, making them highly comfortable and giving you the best possible result.
Our dentist Trishan Malhi has a special interest in orthodontics and is an accredited provider of Incognito braces.
If you opt for treatment with Incognito braces we will first need to take a two-phase impression of your teeth. We will use a high-resolution optical 3D scanner to create a digital impression of your teeth, and will create plaster models of your teeth to assist with treatment planning. Every part of the brace down to the individual brackets are custom-made for your teeth, ensuring the best possible results.
Lingual braces do not impact on speech the way conventional braces can, and do not cause irritation. It can take a few days for your tongue to get used to the feeling of the brace, but because each bracket is custom made for your mouth, we are able to make them as low profile as possible.
- Highly discreet – most people will not know you are receiving treatment
- Suitable for all age groups – children, teenagers and adults
- Suitable for most orthodontic conditions
- Custom-made to fit your teeth
- Comfortable, without affecting your speech or eating
- Do not need as many wire adjustments as conventional braces, meaning fewer visits to the practice
- No risk of decalcification to the front tooth surface
- Faster treatment time than conventional braces (typically nine months with Incognito Lite)
- Gold brackets make treatment suitable for nickel allergy sufferers
Please email us at email@example.com or use the online form below. Fields in bold are required.