We offer a variety of dental hygiene treatments from a standard scale and polish to periodontal therapy. Our appointments are carried out by a highly trained dental hygienist who will provide patient-specific preventative and educational services to promote and maintain good oral health.
Here is what you can expect from a hygiene appointment:
- Your teeth and gums will be assessed to determine the treatment you require, and any risk factors will be highlighted.
- Your teeth will be professionally cleaned.
- The hygienist's role is to guide and assist you with specific hygiene instructions to help look after your teeth and gums so that they remain healthy in the future. You will be advised and shown the best brushing techniques, given tips on flossing, and using interdental brushes whilst using the best dental products.
It is recommended that you attend regular hygiene appointments to ensure your mouth stays clean and healthy. The benefits of seeing a dental hygienist are:
- Monitored/prevention of gum disease
- Minimised risk of tooth loss
- Reduced risk of developing tooth decay and requiring additional dental treatments
- Educated and advised to ensure great dental health